Kibakumo (Gaun) Ryu
Fanged Cloud Style
Gaun Ryu (牙雲（がうん）流, Fanged Cloud Style) is a style focused on nagamakijutsu. However, the school was disbanded as most of the members joined the Muhou School.
Known (former) MembersEdit
- Kuryuu Ango: Former head of the School, now an Advisor of the Muhou School.
- Hasukawa Kiichi: Former member, now Commander of the 5th Corps.
- Yoshifuku Jingyou: Former member, now Commander of the 2nd Corps.
- Furuhashi Genya: Former member, now Commander of the 13th Corps.
Weapons and TechniquesEdit
The Gaun School teach the use of the Nagamaki. This weapon, composed of a long blade on a roughly equally long shaft, is very difficult to use, but is deadly thanks to the weight and can be used at both long and close range, in a way similar to the naginata.
- 'Tatsugiri ('竜桐 Paulownia Tree Dragon): Ango's personal nagamaki, it has a very long, sharp blade, but no other unusual characteristic.
- 'Choushimaru ('長子丸 Eldest Son): Ango's other nagamaki, it has a shorter but thickier blade and it's abnormally heavy. It relies on the weight to crush down his foes.
Gaun School Secret Technique: Houkaizan ( 崩塊斬 Collapsing Mass Slash): To initiate this move, Ango leaves the Nagamaki over his head helding the end of the shaft with both hands. Then, he execute a very fast slash aimed forward, combining his strength with the gravity and weigth of the weapon.